what this is

This blog is unusual for for me. I think for the most part Blogging is the evidence of people being so in love with themeselves they think they are so important the whole world needs to know what time in the morning they brush their teeth (6:30 AM just in case your wondering). The Purpose of this Blog is 1: to do exactly what the title says. to wake up those that are dead in their sins to Life in Christ and wake the Christian sleeping in the self sufficiency of american prosperity both in and outside the Church. 2: to serve as repository of Inspirations, in word, audio or video that glorify Christ and help others to see him as the all-satisfying source of joy, purpose and destination for their lives. 3: for my friends, family, pastors, and church to be able to benefit from 1 and 2 and hold me accountable to live in every way to what I say and call me out in any amount of hypocrisy in a public way if need be.

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

New Birth

Are you Born-again?

Do you really love God?

Or are you just playing the part cuz that's what is expected of you?

Has the Joy of your salvation faded into a dreary routine of read this book that book?

Do you understand that it's Ok to be Happy in the Lord Jesus?

Do you seek him as he really is, the everlasting satisfaction of your soul?

Are you seeking the pleasures of God for this life only? then you are to be most pittied!

It is not for this life we look for or work for our treasure but in heaven. If you have trusted in the gospel for this life only; for example "Jesus will help you be a better bussinessman, carpenter, doctor, he will make you succesful, he will make my family nicer, he will make me loose weight"

If that is why you trusted Jesus be afraid! Jesus came that we might have life! You were DEAD in your tresspasses... The wages of sin is DEATH!

Jesus did not come to make you a better person he came to WAKE THE DEAD! he came to give eternal life... "and this is eternal life that we might KNOW God". Know him? The great I AM, Creator of the universe, Almighty God? yes! He is JEALOUS for HIS glory in your life! and to quote John Piper, God is most Glorified when we are most satisifed in him!

Pray: God circumscize my heart that I might love you! Cut away every distraction to your Glory in my life. You bought me out of hell with your blood, make me a slave to righteousness forever satisfied in my master Jesus!

No comments: